Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Well, Now she does have a reason not to like me

Ok, lets get the important stuff out of the way first. My job interview today went... O.K. The first guy I met started to ask me some accounting questions that I kinda fumbled my way through. I'm certain he was not impressed. He did send me on to someone else, who after settling down and having a coke I managed to regain my composure and give a good interview. She was a little more involved in the every day finance anyway, so maybe I picked the right person to impress. I hope...
Sunday we hung out with Wendy's cousin Nina. We went to a little tiny fair, managed to come home with less cash than we started with and a couple of stuffed animals. Then we had some coffee and nachos at a starbucks (the nachos were from a nearby freshmex). Later I took my first ride on Bart so I would know what my transfer would look like to get to my interview today. We were still out avoiding SG so we went to see Hitch. Its your standard issue romantic comedy, but at least it was funny. We finally arrived at home to be "greeted" by one grumpy individual who did not know I was still in town. She played the stay locked in the room game until morning. When she couldn't find a hair dryer in the morning she called Wendy's home phone from her cell rather than knock on the door. I decided I would stay at the house tonight and cook some of my famous manicotti. While my water was just getting ready to boil, our other favorite simmerer walked back in the door. We exchanged Hi's and she began to rush around the house cleaning up her things. As she struggled to get through the door with the first load I offered a hand, she declined. As she cleaned up some things in the kitchen I wandered in to say I know you emailed wendy about some rent from me, if you'll write me up an invoice. (I of course intendended to counter with an invoice for my repair services which would have more than accounted for 3 weeks rent.) she declined that too saying wendy would have to handle it, as if my tainted money were no good to her. At that point I no longer felt like playing nice and said If you have any more questions about my parents marriage I would really prefer that you address them directly to me. Her reply: I'm not interested in that. I said well that's fabulous and walked away. She said bye as she scurried out the door. I lied and said it was nice to see her. So we'll see what her next move is. Let the record show the appraiser was here today, and he LOVED the kitchen, saying it added "personality" and value. I asked if he'd send that in a letter to MS. cranky pants.

No comments: