Sunday, March 20, 2005

I've managed to pull away from the Playstation long enough to actually accomplish a post. There's plenty to tell you about since real early Thursday morning when I last had something to say. W and her mom finally reached a compromise and have already signed the papers. Which means that the road is finally clear for me to wander off that direction. Saturday I managed to drag myself out of bed and drive to Orlando to hang out with my favorite MBA'er Luerne. She pushed her roommate Debbie and I all over town enjoying her own little local version of celebreality that would make VH1 proud. We started with some lunch at Chipotle. I arrived starving after spending 2 hours and 15 min on I4 stuck in traffic for no particular reason. We "took the scenic route" around Winter Park for a while before eventually arriving at the Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival. Some of L's Friends were singing in the attached Jazz music show. Mosaic is 6 guys who do the most interesting arrangements of songs, all a capella. The next stop was the White Wolf Cafe, a really cool restaurant that we took over a back room of and were noisy and boisterous. We figured out Sinan was in town, so he and his little cousin the genius joined us. He knew almost as much finance as sinan and I, and could recite the entire Gettysburg address. Next it was off to L's show, She was extremely good, everything else was... well just there. It was really funny, but the lead actress was really really sick. Then it was back to the house for margaritas and Scrabble (which I won handily) and Trivial Pursuit which I lost on"mitigating circumstances" the opposing team got way too many yes or no questions. Games lasted until 3:00 am then it was off to brunch with several more friends. I finally got to eat at a Houlihans, I've wondered about it since they bought the naming rights to the New sombrero. It was decent, I won't say I loved it but I'd go back if necessary. I know I'm going to miss L even more when I'm gone, I definitely wouldn't have survived year one of Grad school without her. Despite not hanging out for months it was just like old times. We ate, We laughed like crazy and we talked smack about games and anyone else we could think of.
So its back to the grind this week. More waiting and applying.

No comments: