Thursday, March 10, 2005

Stop me if you've heard this one before...

This post is going to sound awfully familiar, but i spent the day sitting in a lump on my couch. I did do some stuff packing around my house, but I just wasn't really feeling it yet. I found out that If I'm going to bust my lease i have to give 60 days notice plus one months rent to get out of my lease, or if I'm rushing 30 days and 2 months rent. Ouch!!!
I forgot yesterday to give a shout out to Vicky N. who bailed me out of a $30 cab fare by picking me up at the airport. We grabbed a little food at Tijuana Flats which in my opinion is still pretty good, but I was already missing the authentic Mexican from El Amigo in San Leandro. My old Friends Annie and Subadra are rolling in to town tomorrow. The occasion: a murder mystery dinner hosted by fellow MBA classmate Tammy. Tammy just posted my part on the evite:
HAO DEE-DOO (aka-Jason)The magistrate of Chi-Ka-Go, Hao is a cousin of Hoo
Li-gan and , as the head of the district governmental system and the tribunal of
Chi-Ka-Go, he is the emperor's representative in Chi-Ka. So young to have
attained such an exalted position, Hao is reputed to be a man of impeccable
moral character and scrupulously fair in his administration of local government.
He is apparently favored by the emperor and therefore expected to go far in his
political career. Hao has a passionate interest in collecting precious
antiques.Costume Suggestion: Lont-sleeved robe (preferably blue) worn over pants
or gown, waist-high apron, black stocking cap worn high upon the head, black
boots, jade pendant.

Not sure exactly how I'm going to pull off the costume in the next 48 hours but I'll be working on doing it as economically as possible. If you've got a jade pendant you want to loan me for Saturday please feel free to "speak on it". You can of course look forward to hilarious pictures on monday.
Sunday another former classmate Stefanie is having a barbeque, which will provide some quality volleyball opportunities. So I guess I'll have to work hard tomorrow to give myself the rest of the weekend off.
Its been four days since the big interview. I'm starting to get just a little nervous. The job location is so perfect that having to find something else would make things much more difficult. Keep those fingers crossed for me!
Final thought today. Since I'm so busy dropping names today, I'll tell you about what I read in airports last month. John Grisham's Bleachers and Dan Brown's Digital Fortress. I liked the Grisham book, but having only read one other of his titles I was suprised by how different it was from The Last Juror. As for the Brown book, I liked it a lot, had a hard time putting it down and consequently didn't sleep on the plane. As far as I'm concerned if uncle sam wants to read my boring emails he can all he wants. If he knew what my intentions in life were maybe the TSA wouldn't hassle me so much.

No comments: