Friday, March 25, 2005

Reason I'm going to miss Florida number...

I've reached the phase of going away where I'm starting to divide up my remaining hours in town with people I'm going to miss the most when I leave. Today I got in a 3 for the price of 1 with Todd, Kelly and Georgia Kate. Todd and Kelly both happened to have the day off, so we had lots of time to catch up, reminisce and think happy thoughts about the future. They have bay area residence experience since Todd is a Cal grad. Funniest line of the day? " If your relationship can survive a paint project, it can survive anything". We have shared a few million laughs in the last 6 years, and I know that there are a few billion left out there for us to enjoy. I will definitely miss getting to watch GK grow up if I don't make it back soon. As you can see from the pic, the kid gets cuter every day like some sort of cuteness asymptote.(Woo Hoo! I've always wanted to use that word in a sentence.)
I got to see one of my favorite former youth today, Robert. He dropped by just because my car was in the driveway, which made me feel pretty darn good about myself. I made him promise me he wouldn't get a tattoo until he was 18, which he actually delivered on, but has gone out and gotten 4 since his 18th birthday. Some mentor I am.
I even got to catch up on a couple of movies today, I'm probably the last person to have seen Spiderman 2, and The Incredibles, both of which I absolutely loved. Now its off to pack some more, I've got so much more crap to sort through and the clock is ticking.

No comments: