Monday, March 28, 2005

Crying is for wusses!

Sure I think that, but it didn't really stop me from doing it today. I walked into my porch storage closet and noticed what looked like some water damage on the floor and on the corner of some boxes. It seems that all those hurricanes this summer taking out my porch awning allowed some water to go wherever it felt like. There was some mild mildew damage to a few of my nostalgic things, but overall my stuff didn't fare too badly. I looked through some things to determine if they were worth keeping. I came across this letter from my sister. Grab a tissue!
8/30/1991
Dearest Jason,
Como estas? Creo Que bien! I do miss you a great deal--especially working out with my favorite brotherly-type figure. How did it feel to not have 20 different females running around the house, from a "male's" point of view. I still owe you a fishing trip that will hold up my end of the deal for later, if you will still go with me. Did you know that you are so special that these awful things called tears fell when I had to say good bye. How is school? Mom was saying that you came home with a great deal of homework every night. I hope that you're not miserable + that you still have an extra-curricular life outside of SHS! I hope that the sorta girlfriend is going well and mom didn't/doesn't give you too hard of a time. You're a good kid, but I want you to do well in your classes; just do your best A's or not! Lastly Always remember I love you.
Love ya
Cathryn
P.S. LOOK A LETTER!

For the record, many of the things I have done in the last 5 years have been made possible by the life and legacy of Cathryn Yvonne Herron. I'm reminded as I am about to take a giant life step, I have an obligation to make her proud.




No comments: