Friday, April 29, 2005

Walking is for suckers

I finally figured out how to use the bus system today, the stops that go directly to and from Bart are compellingly close, and spending $1.50 to take the bus is much better than showing up some place wet from rain or breaking a sweat. I wandered around the city looking for a short term retail job today, my choices are Target, Ross, Marshalls, or Office depot. And coming soon to the nearby (next Bart station south) bayfair mall.... a Bed Bath and Beyond. Of course W thinks if I get a job there, I might get a bill every 2 weeks instead of a paycheck. I had an MBA classmate who got into the management program at Target, and loved it, so it might be worth a try. My contact at the temp agency assures me I'll hear from him on Monday about a job that someone's interested in me for. I'm sure at this point he's just ready to have me stop calling him. If I continue to not have a job for one more week, I'll just standby my way back to FL a few days before Family camp and standby to Cali after the golf tournament. That is unless the big Monday interview pans out by next week. A friend of W who is from Mauritius is coming to visit us on Saturday, so I'm going to attempt authentic Mauritian food. It borrows heavily from Indian food, so it should be something I can handle.

No comments: