Saturday, April 23, 2005

I'd lose my head if it wasn't glued on tightly

Lately I've been losing track of things, a lot. It started with a wallet my first week here that managed to wander its way into the pocket of a duffel bag. Next was a set of keys that turned up 5 days later in the crack of a chair. Last night it was a file folder full of stuff I need for an interview (more on that in a minute) and this morning I suddenly can't find my camera cable. Which really ticks me off because I have some great pictures I took at last nights Giants/Brewers game. W's friend Scott had an extra ticket to the game and invited me to tag along. This killed a couple of birds with one stone, since I got to catch a game there and I learned how to transfer from Bart to Muni. The game wasn't very good, the Giants lost 6 to 1 to a brewer team coming in on a 7 game losing streak. I had a hot dog and a beer and despite being cold from the wind whipping in off the bay, I enjoyed myself a lot. After the game we met up with W's boss Audrey to sit down and discuss the interview I have on Monday with their company. The finances at "the company" are not exactly fabulous so both W and I working there would mean having all of our eggs in a less than stable basket. But its exactly the kind of job I'm looking for and I got some good hints about what to expect from Audrey. Keep your fingers crossed for me around 1:00 pacific time Monday, something great could be happening for me.
Exciting news regarding the blog today: I finally reached the top of a search engine! If you do a Yahoo! Search for "Chinese pinball machine" Link number one is my riveting post about me pretending to be iron chef Chinese Chen Kenichi.

No comments: