Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Taking a long painful walk

I was fed up with the faceless sending of resumes and filling out of online job applications, So I decided I would go look the city of San Francisco right in its mug. I wanted to drop off an application for a job with the city, visit Kelly financial downtown, and then head out to Pleasanton to hit the regular kelly. Things went awry around 7:00 a.m. when I couldn't pull myself out of bed early enough to finish the city application, but fortunately that one is faxable. I rode to work with W so she saved the $3 bridge toll and got to use the carpool lane. We arrived a little bit before her shift started, so we grabbed a cup of coffee and some breakfast for me. When she went to work, I caught the Bart to the city where I jumped out and tried my best not to stare open mouthed up at the sky scrapers. Once I actually got my bearings and figured out how to get to the kelly financial, I discovered it was actually a kelly legal services. So I had to march back to the BART and head for Pleasanton. On the way there it occured to me that I wouldn't make it before 1:00. So I called Kelly and all they really wanted me to do was send a resume anyway, they could care less if I dropped by. I at least found a couple of businesses I should research and an interesting job magazine that told me about some other temp agencies. Then I had the monster walk from the Bart station in San Leandro to the house. Lets just say I won't try that again in dress shoes. So, miles walked: 7 things accomplished: 0 definitely a day to be proud of.

No comments: