Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Is it really a 3 day weekend if I'm not going to work tomorrow?

W has been off the last 3 days, so we've been running all over town having fun. Yesterday we spent a couple of hours at Lowe's daydreaming about the kinds of things we'd do to the the condo if someone would start writing me a paycheck. I rushed out the door before spending money I didn't have. W's friend Paula started us a little herb garden while we were in Florida, and we were so inspired we procured ourselves some little plastic pots and a few other starter herbs. So now the entire staircase is lined up with our little herb garden. I'll see if I can get a picture tomorrow.
Tomorrow looks to be a busy day, there's a career fair at SBC park (where the Giants play) It is of course a whole mile away from the nearest Bart station, but at this point a walk that short doesn't seem too bad. There's a big new restaurant opening in the Embarcadero Center that I was thinking about dropping a resume by too. If I got a job there, I could at least tell people that I have an MBA and work in SF's financial district.
2 days this weekend we took Calvin to the local dog park, to get him and us some exercise. It always makes me nervous that the dog park is obviously a converted Landfill, but it is bay front property and very green, so you just kind of have to forget where you are. We even got out and played a little tennis yesterday. I won't tell you which of us I think is the better tennis player, but we had fun and the weather is gorgeous during the day here. I had forgotten that a world exists where you don't start sweating the second you walk out your door. Sometime last week it came to my attention that W doesn't have AC, a lifestyle I planned on never having to endure again in life. She assures me I will survive the very few summer-like nights that will come along.
Todd Y. started blogging this week, he's even more of a technophile than I am, so I expect to see really good things over there once he gets the hang of it.

No comments: