Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Now the phone rings?

Yesterday W and I spent a really fun afternoon at Peggy's. I slaved over a hot grill while the girls chatted and watched TV. The menu for the afternoon: Grilled Portobello mushrooms topped with tomatoes and cheese, Grilled baked potatoes and corn, some pesto pasta and a great piece of Flank steak that had been marinating for 2 days in soy sauce, ginger, mirin, sesame oil, hot chili oil and sugar. I ran the grill out of gas just before the steak was ready so it came off just a touch rare which was no problem for those of us with good taste. Tuesday W got to take off for Vegas, but my distinct lack of cash prevented me from tagging along. The big retail outlet has already to put me work, I had orientation for 4 hours tonight. So now I'm home blogging after a hard day at work. Ahhh, that feels good to say. But, filed under when it rains it pours; My temp agency called at 9 this morning to see if I was available, I said yes just in case the job was great, so I might get an interview Thursday. Within 15 minutes my new contact at the medical company called to ask if I could fax over another copy of my resume. Since I was online I decided to drop by and see my friends at monster. I found a good looking job through a Temp agency specializing in Finance. I applied and within the hour a rep called to set up an interview for tomorrow. Yes this is the same phone that didn't ring at all last week. At least I'm one day closer to a paycheck, thank goodness!

No comments: