Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sleepwalking through the days

If I thought I was tired for my last post-red eye post, today is even much worse. This weekend was my church's Cedarkirk family camp which would be fun if the game of brain fry had never been invented, but is cranked up tons by having it available to play. This year saw the biggest crowd for the game we'd ever had, and was by far the most fun. I walked around zombie-like for most of the weekend because of jet lag, but it helped that I had rock star popularity because I had come from so far away just to play the game. Someone asked me to estimate the number of times I'd been to cedarkirk, and the best conservative estimate I can come up with is right around 30. So the decision to come back given the opportunity was not the slightest bit difficult. And its not like I don't have other stuff to do while I'm here. I actually managed to get some work done at the house this evening. All my home theater speakers are now bubble wrapped and ready for travel, and the waterbed frame has been completely dismantled. I found a great way to drain the mattress that I wish I'd known the last time I moved, it is actually completely empty and carriable. I have an interview the day after I get back to California with a store at which I'd applied, knowing they'd have good advancement opportunities. So hopefully I won't go to much longer without a paycheck. Time for sleep, I've got way too much to do tomorrow.

No comments: