Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The end of an Era, Part I


Moving to California meant that I had to sell my car. This was the first and only car I have ever purchased, so you could say I have some special attachment to it. The really good news is, the car stays in the family. I sold it to my Big Brother Mike, for his son Matthew. So I at least get to visit it on my return trips to Florida. Its a '98 and had 109k miles on it, so it wasn't exactly new, but it still looks great inside and out and refuses to stop running. My friend the sunfire safely delivered me home from many many many trips down to Sarasota, was occasionally crammed with intoxicated Graduate students coming home from ybor or channelside. It survived a nasty crash on the way to Tammy and Justins Wedding, Had can of coke explode in the front seat, had one particular classmate throw up both in it, and while leaning out of an open door while still moving. It once made the trip from Sarasota to Tampa and back twice in one day but more often than not just went from my apartment to the business building at USF and back. I'll miss the old girl, shes been an important part of my life for the last 5 years, and I hope she serves Matt for at least that many more.  Posted by Hello

No comments: