Saturday, May 28, 2005

At least it sprays a little Jason Repellant on the couch

I went for my interview on thursday to the big national retail outlet and after about half an hour of convincing the manager that I really did need a job and that I wasn't going to go nuts with all this education going to waste I was made a conditional offer. ( I had to go pee in a cup before it was official) Amazingly enough I will be getting paid less than what I made my first year at HealthSouth. That means in 5 years I've gone backwards on the career ladder. The manager couldn't make me any promises but said "I think you and I will both be dissapointed if in 30 days you're still only a cashier. I expect no trouble from my drug test, so that means I should be going in for orientation next week.
Friday I got dragged around the outlet mall for 2 painful hours while the girls shopped til they dropped. Then we headed out for lunch at in-n-out for lunch. We've been craving burgers and the delicious fries from there for a while, our healthier lifestyle prohibited that kind of indulgence. Since I didn't have anything else on the books Friday I took off the family to beautiful Petaluma for a big friends and family party. Tom and I got assigned grilling duties which we gladly accepted. We Grilled up the best looking batch of New York strips and peppers that you've ever seen. Tom knows gas grill settings, and I have a sixth sense for when for when steaks are just the right combination of warm and pink in the center and our combination worked to perfection. I even picked up a hot job lead from someone who works at a company I've been sending resumes to for months now, more on that to come. W had to work so I had to fend for myself at the party a little, but I have been very much accepted by them which makes things very easy. Today I'm dropping of W to carpool and then its back to Peggy's to fix a screen door. The G family leaves tomorrow for vegas, so things will finally be a little normal around here again. If i'm not working next week I might sneak down there for some fun, but we will see.

No comments: