Sunday, May 29, 2005

Can you hear that...

That, dear reader, is the sound of a house down to just me and the dog. Gone are noisy teen/parent, teen/teen, teen/twentysomething, parent/parent "discussions". Now its just me and Calvin, and he's curled up in a tight ball at my feet, anxiously awaiting the next time I manage to peel myself out of the chair. It is a cool quiet day here with a breeze that occasionaly wafts in some barbeque flavors from a nearby condo. My Grilling day is tomorrow, since Tom "volunteered" us to Barbeque at Peggy's . He was willing to spring for the food before he left, and I don't require much arm twisting to go use someone else's grill, so its a task that I'm looking forward to. Its a good thing peggy approves of me, since this will be my 3rd trip there in the last 7 days. Yesterday we were there to fix a screen door and repair some sprinklers. We took off in the late afternoon and grabbed some dinner at Spengers in Berkley. I had a crabmeat stuffed salmon dish that was absolutely delicious, but after spending having $21 spent for me on an entree, I hate to leave hungry. It was, shall we say, diminuitive. I loved the atmosphere though and the service was excellent. I'd definitely go back if my intention was to impress. After dinner we took a wacky rolling tour of Oakland including a look at the home office of the company I recently found a contact within. I heard from Mike and Matthew about the car today. Apparently it checked out and will live on now with a CD player and a horn that actually works (2 things I always planned on doing something about but never quite got to). Well calvin thinks I should quit with the computer and play with him, and I can't say no to that face.

No comments: