Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I owe you some posts anyway

I managed to burn through my 10 free hours of Netzero internet service pretty early last week which prevented me from making any posts at all. After recovering from cedarkirk, I spent the rest of the week putting everything I own in suitcases or boxes to fly to CA or sit in storage. W arrived Wednesday morning and we snuck in a final trip to samurai blue (officially dubbed "our restaurant") and caught Kicking and screaming at the theater. Thursday we had dinner with mom at the Madfish Grill where I ordered the firecracker shrimp. I enjoy spicy food, but it was definitely one of the hottest meals I'd ever eaten. They downsized their desserts so that you can order several and sample but I still only wanted the white chocolate bread pudding. Friday was the spaghetti dinner and raffle for the Cathryn Yvonne Herron Scholarship fund. Saturday I was up early to Play in the CYH golf scramble. Myself, Todd Y, Mark S. and Marks friend who's name suddenly eludes me played a respectable (especially for us) 3 over. I managed to be fairly typsy by lunchtime from the black Russians Todd snuck in a flask, but had to pull myself together long enough to say a few words about Cathryn during lunch. The entire time I was thinking to myself... Please don't slur, please don't slur. Saturday afternoon was the tea party for W's sister Mel's graduation. I ate my first ever scones and found them to be irresistible. Fortunately Felicity had whipped up thousands of them. Sunday I spent most of the day doing the final apartment clean and pack, and Monday we returned triumphantly to CA.
Tuesday We cleaned house all morning preparing for W's family to visit. There are now six of us jammed into a 2 bedroom condo. After W went to work this morning Tom and I went out for breakfast at a little place called Pedro's where I had a delicious chorizo and egg burrito. My temp agent has some good things on the horizon and I have an interview tomorrow at 10 a.m. with a certain national retail chain. Las night I was responsible for dinner for the 6 of us. I made a soy ginger salmon that I cooked in a parchment paper pouch, cashew crusted halibut, biscuits with green onions spinach and cheese, steamed broccoli and herbed new potatoes with herbs fresh from our staircase. I tried to cut my finger off with my giant Chinese chefs knife, if my figernail hadn't slowed the knife down I probably would have visited the ER yesterday. So today its back to the application grind, I'm definitely glad to have internet back.

No comments: