Thursday, February 10, 2005

Math test?

A condition of employment with the big last chance gig is a very exciting math test. I'm not sure how my ability to look at a company's financial statements and determine what debt instruments it should use to fund future capital expenses is affected by my ability to find the perimeter of a 5 sided polygon given side lengths and angles, but somehow it tells the company how smart I am.
...
I actually had a chance to IM long lost MBA classmate Laure. She ended up working in HR in Amsterdam. Wendy and I are trying to fit Amsterdam into the big vacation plans. Not having a job and European vacations generally do not mix, but you can get a pretty good deal on a 2 country rail pass which would allow us to see Germany and Belgium/Netherlands/Luxemburg for only $280 a piece. Add that to a reasonable discount on a flight from SFO to Frankfurt, and its not oppressively priced.
...
Explaining to people that I might not come back from San Francisco for a while is kinda fun, I'm basically buying a one way ticket and hoping for the best job-wise. If you look closely you'll see that I removed the link to the company that allegedly was going to make my dreams come true. It keeps me from spamming everyone who provides an email if I can't visit their site.

No comments: