Monday, February 14, 2005

Is the west coast the best coast?

I finally arrived in San Leandro today. Flying standby actually worked out for me for a change. I have decided that I don't like window seats on the airbus A380 though, since it assumes that my shoulders aren't very wide and neither are the person's next to me. This of course was not the case all the way from Tampa to Denver, where perhaps the three broadest-shouldered men on the plane were crammed into three adjacent seats. The only saving grace was that we were in an exit row, so at least our legs were comfortable. It was a rainy gloomy day in the bay area today so getting me and and all my junk in and out of the rain was not exactly a picnic. Wendy and I had dinner at a restaurant called the sushi boat. I loved the concept: a large oval sushi bar in the middle of the room that has a littler river with boats full of sushi on it. when something you want floats by you reach under the sneeze guard to grab it. The sushi was sub par given the large local asian population and proximity to water but some places in Tampa and Sarasota have spoiled me. I had to catch a cab at 5:15 a.m. eastern, and it is now 11:28 pacific so its fair to say that I'm not exactly running on all cylinders anymore. I'm watching wendy enjoy her closetmaid toys from lowes. Maybe she just likes me for my cordless drill.

No comments: