Monday, January 24, 2005

Thank goodness for high self esteem.

homer
Judge a pig contest? But I'm not a super genius. Or are I?


I was all excited Friday because I got my first positive response to a resume that I'd sent out in San Francisco. It was however a strange response, here's the text of the email:
Jason,
Why don't you give me a call when you have a
moment.
Thanks!
Michael
So here I am pumped about an entry level gig in the big city, but when I call the guy he proceeds to hate on my lack of experience, just like everyone else in the universe has done. Good thing I'm resilient.
...

So, on to news about the fabulous traveling gig. My contact finally leaves me a message (my ancient technology sprint phone sent him straight to v-mail) to call the next guy up the chain. I call him, and he's obviously busy but says will you please call me at 7:00 a.m. Chicago time. So maybe the big job mystery will be solved tomorrow.
...

Moving on to my weekend and three days without a post. Wendy made it into Orlando as planned on Friday where we had to restaurant hop to find a place with no waiting. Waiting for a table turned into the theme of the weekend since we had to wait an hour and fifteen minutes to get a booth at samurai blue in Ybor. The best part about that is we got to wait it out in MJ Barley hoppers where I had my first samosas. They're delicious. Blue was awesome as usual, and we got to eat more of my new addiction, their volcano roll. Then we went to Lotus, an extremely pretentious club that was not even close to worth the $10 cover. Sunday we got to be very lazy and had dinner at Carraba's with Wendy's family. I love me some Carraba's.

...

So now I'm back to sitting on the couch waiting... waiting...

No comments: