Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Temporary Conundrum

Krusty I vow to reach out to the Latino community. Voy a vomitar en la tomba de tu madre!


Today I allowed myself to be poked, prodded and tested by the nice folks over at Kelly Services. I walked in there thinking all I need is a job for two or three months to tide me over until the nice folks at IPA figure out when they want me to come to work for them. Well, Kelly has this really interesting temp to hire gig at a small medical consulting firm that starts between 13-15/hr. I told them I only wanted work for a couple of months, but they think I'd be a great fit for this, and of course, it might lead to something great within the firm. This of course does not make Wendy happy, she would rather see me pack up my junk and move out to San Francisco and temp out there instead. Wanting answers I called back my new contact at SJI,(now referred to as Super Job incorporated, since I'm venting about them)
here's how the conversation went.
Operator:(Rushing) SJI One moment.
Operator: (Tersley) SJI
Jason: May I please speak to Name Omitted?
Operator: (Obviously bothered) Who's Calling?
Jason: This is Jason Herron, I believe he's expecting my call.
Operator: Click
Operator: He's (uninteligable present tense verb) he WILL call you. Click!

So now I have even less idea what to do!

No comments: