Friday, January 26, 2007

Bangkok Day one



I'm finally back on the ground and settled in a little bit, so let me tell you a little about my trip to Bangkok. I had lots to do on the Thursday before we left, including staying up late to watch my Thursday shows. I snuck in for a couple of hours of work and then met W so we could rush off to the airport. We met up with our traveling friends Dave and Scotty and off we went. The first flight looked pretty full, and at first it appeared only Dave would get on. at the last possible second one more first class seat opened up so I jumped on too. Someone really wanted to sit next to her friend and offered me her window seat which I prefer anyway. The flight was pretty quiet, I watched Pirates 2 which I liked, and Little miss sunshine, but was disappointed by how not funny it was. Dave and I Went to a really cool bar in Tokyo where it suddenly occurred to me I hadn't even attempted to learn any Japanese for the trip. After a couple of big Sapporo's We knew W and Scotty should be arriving. We met them and went to catch the Nari ta-Bangkok flight. We only managed to get eplus seats, but for 7 hours we thought it would be livable. It was a looooong flight, and we arrived in Bangkok around Midnight. We took what was officially the craziest taxi ride ever. Thai taxi's are not built well enough for 4 large Americans and their luggage, and the tail end of the car was noticeably dragging. I thought for sure we would blow out a tire and spin of the road or have the back of the car catch on fire. Neither happened, and after a little searching we found the Chateau De Bangkok. Check out the bathroom!

No comments: