Monday, August 22, 2005

Where have I gone?

Yes, I know. My blog is badly neglected. I had free hosting for my little favorite Icon (The little pinball that used to appear in the address bar) and I didn't log in often enough to keep my acount open. What have I been doing with all this time? Well that's actually a good question. Time is flying, but i'm not really having all that much fun. Things at both workplaces are still good. There's much buzz at the BRO about a promotion, but only a small one. Meaning I'd have to give up my much more lucrative gig at the MOHP. I don't really see that happening, since I'm quite happy there and doing exactly what I need to do to get the job I really want. Also on the job front fellow MBA'er Vicky N finally scored a real gig at City Group. She was even nice enough to let me know they were looking for one more if I was interested. But I have vowed not to move again anytime soon. I wouldn't quite know what to do with only one job anyway. This Week W had Friday off, so she came and met me at work for lunch. I was really excited about trying the Pacific coast brewing company. The beers were awesome, but the food was only average and we got the worst service ever. If i'm at a brew pub and no one ever asks me if I want another beer, I'm not going to say nice things about you. Not to mention we never got asked how our meal was. I will go back, but only to drink, not to eat.
I'm starting to owe less and less people money these days, so hopefully soon I can stop working 60-70 hour weeks and start enjoying my sorroundings. I have been assured of a Gig at the
In other family news (so you'll know where I get it from) I'm extremely proud of my grandmother these days. She packed up all her stuff and moved into a nice retirement place. I have tried to call her a couple of times, and she refuses to sit still long enough to answer the phone. That's how we work in this family, we move away and fully immerse ourselves in whatever's available.

No comments: