Friday, August 26, 2005

So Long CJA

Interesting goings on at the MOHP this week. The other temp who I have not so affectionately dubbed Captain Jerkass (a name that I have given to everyone who has made my job search more difficult) Announced his resignation today, having scored a marketing analyst gig at another large bay area company. I had some particularly negative things typed in this space that I have decided not to publish, because they made me seem negative and petty so I will say these things only as succinctly as possible.
CJA Taught me a TON of EXCEL shortcuts, a good portion of my future success will occur because I had someone teach me these things.
CJA had trouble communicating ideas as whole sentences often "umming" every 2nd word This made learning from him extremely difficult.
My favorite interaction with him happened one day last week.
He usually came in late around 8:15 or so, and would silently scurry into his cube and not say anything at all to anyone.
After about 45 minutes I hear
CJA Hey Jason um...
Me: Oh hey good morning CJA
CJA: (After a thoughtful pause) Oh yeah.... I really need to work on greeting people...Anyway (something he said constantly to fill gaps between incomplete sentence clauses)Rambles on...

So Now I have to solve all my Excel difficulties on my own, and there is some suspicion that he might not be replaced. Which unless I'm brought in full time is really really not going to be any fun. But could also be a sign that money is being freed up for a full time analyst. Stay tuned for more developments on that.

No comments: