Wednesday, August 24, 2005

A little fuzzy math for you algebra lovers out there

Jason Has 2 jobs
He earns hourly Rate B at the BRO and Hourly rate M at the MOHP
M = 2.6B
Jason Gets offered a promotion at the BRO that will pay him 2B which sounds nice, but would require him to give up salary M
Jason's current earnings are:
40M + 30B which we'll call X
Accepting the promotion means Jason only earns
80B which we'll call Y
How do those compare you ask? (you could do the math yourself here but I'm feeling generous)
X =1.7Y
A complete analysis here means assigning some sort of premium to the guarantee being offered by the BRO, Since I am only a Temp at the MOHP but I am not really sure what that's worth. To be fair I'd have to assign some other premium to how much I enjoy what I do at the MOHP and how much I'm learning there. Then Since I'd be managing people at the BRO, I'd have to assign some sort of value to the management experience I'd get from doing that job. So lets face it, these things are difficult to quantify and terribly subjective; which kind of defeats the purpose.

No comments: