Thursday, August 25, 2005

Breaking free from my Seattle based opressors

It is now thursday at 10:12 p.m. and I have yet to partake of a single Starbucks beverage this week. Is that easy? No, Caramel Macchiato was starting to flow through my veins. But at 3.95/day for a Venti, you can imagine why I was feeling like I didn't have any money in the bank. Plus they have these delicious apple fritters that are absolutely wonderful for breakfast. At some point that had to give way to making coffee at home. I lack complete motor function before 5:30 a.m. so that has meant getting the pot ready before bed and fumbling only to turn it on in the morning. The transition to home brew hasn't been perfect... I keep leaving my travel mug at work (fortunately I have 2) and it means I lose my newspaper turning hand becuase I have to keep the mug upright. No newspaper hand means reading a lot of headlines on the train instead of risking accidental spillage from a sudden train speed change. I also can't run if I'm late, so I almost missed the bus one day too. The bus driver knows I always show up there, and saw me hustling and was nice enough to wait. I have really been standing out at the MOHP this week. The supply chain manager responsible for one of our largest customers has taken note of my work on improving on-time delivery to his customer. As more and more people learn my name/face/reputation around there, good things are sure to happen. You're getting a lot of posts from me this week since I have much thinking to do about my immediate future. I have until the Tuesday after Memorial Labor day to make a decision, but at the rate I'm going I honestly don't see it going that long.

No comments: