Sunday, July 22, 2007

Light to Moderate Chop


Light to Moderate Chop
Originally uploaded by jrherron.
I've been busier than usual lately, but have made lots of cool discoveries worth talking about. W and I discovered the wonderfulness that is the Ghirardelli Factory Store here in San Leandro. We had always known it was close by, and I think we avoided it because of how much trouble we could get in if we shopped there frequently. It was as wonderful as you might expect, when you get out of your car the air is thick with cocoa powder from the nearby factory.
Work has been crazy, I'm trying to do my old job and my new job at the same time, so nights are sometimes late, and I'm often still thinking about work when I get home. It's worth it though, my new gig has turned out to be very interesting.
To celebrate ending the Fiscal year our management took us out to lunch and to a movie. There was a vote and Transformers lost to Harry Potter 5-4. I of course voted for Transformers because I was a boy in the golden age of transformers. I have to stop myself from buying toys right now every time I set foot in the BRO right now. It's hard because they're sooooo shiny and cool. We had a delicious lunch at Everett and Jones and then wandered over to see the movie. For the record I've not read a single book or seen one of the movies but I tried to stay open minded and judge the movie on its own merit. I spent most of the time trying to figure out who people were and why I should care about them, and when that got too hard I gave up and stopped caring. I was bored and had too much work left at the office to be sitting around not enjoying a movie. Even the fans of the series in the group weren't super impressed, so I didn't feel too bad.
On Saturday we went to one of W's coworker's houses and had a really great dinner party. We drank great wines, and ate food that was lifted from the Menu at the French Laundry. Our host poached salmon in 110 degree olive oil, and it was absolutely delicious. As is her habit now, W is off to Chicago for the week. We're working on planning a trip for me up there, so I can check off item number 25 on my lifetime list of things to do, catch a game at Wrigley Field. You know you can expect pictures of that from me.

No comments: