Sunday, May 27, 2007

Slowing down after a crazy crazy week.

fox on a golf course
Last Friday I took off to Florida and started a whirlwind week that I'm just now starting to think about everything I've done. I got into Sarasota late Friday, hungry, so my mom and I took the opportunity to visit steak and shake to have a shake and some cheese fries. I tried to go to bed early, but given my change in time zone, I couldn't get to sleep until far too late. The annual Cathryn Herron memorial golf tournament was nice and early the next morning, and I played about as badly as you might expect for a guy that only has golf clubs that live in Florida. We had a great turnout this year and made $5,500 to give out in scholarships for this year. There was a fox running around on the golf course,and he took time out of his busy schedule to pose for me. Saturday evening Mom, Donna and I Went to El Greco for some Greek food. I had a delicious lamb shank and some tiramisu, but the best moment from dinner was trying to pronounce a dessert we nicknamed the "Galactic Burrito". Its real name is Galaktoboureko.
Petey AKA BiteyI then hung out with Todd at his new crib, and got a nostalgic bite from my good friend Petey. Sunday it was home again, just in time to prepare for a visit from W's parents. W's cousin Grace was graduating, and having a birthday, so we needed to celebrate.


Golden Gate Fog
We had drinks at the top of the mark, where they have delicious $12 martinis and fabulous views of the city and the Golden Gate bridge. We pounded out more trips to restaurants than one person can normally handle, eating at Frank's Saloon in San Leandro, Louisa's Italian Restaurant in San Francisco, The Englander in San Leandro, and IL Davide in San Rafael. We stayed up in Marin Friday night at the Embassy suites there, and I took a walk with the camera and took some pictures at a nearby park. I won't bog down your computer with any more pictures in this one post, but you can find them on my flickr page. I had a rare day off on Monday, so I spent some quality time at home with the Calvinator, He's been here for 2 weeks and leaves on Wednesday. It will be nice to have the bed back to ourselves, but we'll definitely miss having his company

No comments: