Sunday, February 18, 2007

It must be springtime

Spring suddenly broke out in San Leandro this week, where the temperature suddenly reached 70 degrees yesterday. My good friend Todd happened to be in town and was surprised to find temperatures in the bay area warmer than when he left Sarasota in the morning. I'm super jealous, because he's on his way to a 2 week trip to Japan. Todd had never actually been in an Ikea, so we took an extended walk through the Ikea in Emeryville. We then grabbed a late dinner at Johnny Foley's in the city. They have a lamb dish that is so amazing, and lots and lots of great beers. I spent a good portion of the last week with a nasty nasty case of the flu that I am finally shaking. It rampaged through the office, where all 4 of the people on my team were out at least one day, and one of the guys I eat lunch with was out 3 days with dehydration. Despite feeling crappy I finished the closet project, so now all the places in our condo that are supposed to have laminate floor do. Now I'm down to trying to get some base boards put up, and then I can finally move on from the flooring project that won't die. I have presidents day off tomorrow, the last 3 day weekend on the calendar until summer time.

1 comment:

LuLu said...

hey J -- I sent the stuff to your hotmail address... is that still your valid e-mail?