Monday, July 04, 2005

She looks familiar

Things are going full throttle around here as usual. For a couple of days last week W was dog sitting for a couple of friends. First there was Rocky, a little tiny dust mop of a dog that is notorius for escaping from things. W came to pick me up from work and we ran a few errands. W had tried to lock him in the kitchen, but as I came around the corner to our condo I thought, Whose annoying yapping dog is that I hear? Only to look up and see him staring out of our bedroom window barking at some neighbors who were working on their car. W and I laughed about that for a long time. We then dropped him off at his home and met Luerne and family at the Fort Mason Center to see BATS (Bay area theater sports) a group that does improv comedy as a competition. We had some doubts going in, but were often found laughing histerically. After a little bit of lost wandering through the city, we made it to one of our favorites, Tommaso's. The H's loved it almost as much as we did, with the tiramisu living up to all of our hype. Saturday it was off to work, and then we spent some time at W's friend Kelli's house in Burlingame watching her dog Kona. That meant we had access to Kelli's grill, so we grilled up some steaks and some Tandoori chicken and have really been enjoying it at lunches for the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately the refrigerator door got left open for 24 hours meaning we had a lot of stuff that had to go when we got home yesterday. What did I do for the fourth of July you ask? I worked. The BRO was open and paying time and a half, so I went, and still earned less per hour than I make at the MOHP. So its back to the grind again this week, I'm putting in for an hour cut at the BRO since the MOHP says I'm on for 6 months, and I'll have enough work to do that i need to stay for 8 hours a day. If you're the praying type please pray for a resolution to the BART labor dispute. If they go on strike on Wednesday I am in so much trouble.

No comments: