Saturday, July 30, 2005

Breaking the Streak

Today I'm not going to work. Why should you care? Well O.K. maybe you don't, but its important to me becuause I have worked for exactly 60 consecutive days. Why did I chose 60? I didn't acutaully, Today is W's aunt's birthday and since W's parents happen to be in town, its kind of a big deal. I haven't been feeling well the last couple of days, so I definitely don't mind the opportunity to rest. I only had to work from 4-10 on saturday, so that means two consecutive days to sleep in and relax. And it even gives me a little time to blog, something I feel bad about neglecting. So what's been going on with me? Well, I am still plugging away at both jobs working as many as 70 hours per week. That means I don't sleep much during the week and often live from caffiene dose to caffiene dose. My new favorite thing is a Venti Cafe mocha from starbucks, or from the little coffee shop thats right below the building I work in. I'm also drinking a little more mountain dew than I'd like to admit out loud. I think the Big Retail Outlet (BRO) is getting ready to make a move to promote me which would mean that It might start to be worth going there. Things at the Manufacturer of Household Products (MOHP) are also going well, So I'm still hoping they'll decide the can't live without me soon. I'v really learned to love downtown oakland. There is live music every wednesday from noon to one. On fridays a drumline plays to earn money for its trips. They make an amazing sound you can hear throughout the city echoing off the tall buildings. Then there's the Friday Farmers market, This week someone had Live crawfish that I managed to walk past, but the guy in the next cube just couldn't resist. Last week I got referred to the coolest little korean place (in oakland's china town) that has really great sandwiches for $2. It had really fresh ingredients and made me really mad that I'd spent $8 at Quizno's the day before. I've also spent way too much time/money at Ikea lately but W's parents are raving about how well they are sleeping on what we affectionately call Mr. Hemnes. (expect picture later, He's already out of season on Ikea.com.)

No comments: