Tuesday, August 19, 2008

DVR + Olympic Coverage = Almost Heaven

Despite feeling slighted by the Jerkbags over at NBC and their policing of my completely harmless video, I'm still glued to my tv every night at 8:00. Well almost at 8:00; today I'm stalling while the DVR records away and allows me to skip through commercials and events that I don't think I care about. Last night I skipped through trampoline, only to find out it was pretty interesting to watch, if not a little dizzying. To stall today I sat around and watched Wipeout, a crazy game show with hosts that try too hard, and and lots of people falling face first into things. It feels good to be a track and field fan again, I'd given up on the sport out of frustration a long time ago. It's also fun to see all the places I've been in Beijing and know exactly where they are. I am having a tough time watching the men's 200 meters. Usain Bolt is a fabulous talent, but I'd hate to see Michael Johnson lose the record already. I'll have to avoid the internet at all costs tomorrow, in order not to find out the results before they're presented for me sometime after 8:00 pacific. It's also been cool to see so many Auburn alums doing well, someone stopped by my cube the other day (where my Auburn Pendant is prominently displayed on one wall) and asked me if I had ever met Margaret Hoelzer or Kirsty Coventry. I am "more old-school" than that, but I appreciated being asked.

No comments: