Thursday, January 17, 2008

No new posts for a while... that can only mean one thing

OK, so its been a while since I made an update, and you know what that means. Sometimes work and other work and wii (this week it's the Simpsons game) and even some old school PS2 (NBA street volume 3) have been getting in the way of my blogging life. W spends less evenings at work now that school's back in session, and the nights when I have the house to myself are the ones that I actually have time to sit down and organize my thoughts into words. So these are the relevant facts.
1. I've been working hard, my relationship with my 3rd boss since I got promoted has been interesting, she leaves at 4 everyday come hell or high water, and since she gets an earlier start than I do I'm frequently greeted by 3 emails before I even get my computer turned on in the morning.
2. Whenever I work hard for a quarter close I usually like to reward myself somehow.
3. There's a 3 day weekend coming up and if I leave the office at 11:30 tomorrow I get four and a half days off for the price of one.
4. W's birthday happens to fall right after this long weekend
5. I really need a globe so that I can spin it and put my finger on it and go to that place that I point to, although for maximum effect it would have to rotate on both axes.
OK, so what I'm building up to here is we looked at our calendars and we looked at the flights and we looked at the weather and "settled" on a quick trip to Belgium. My co-workers at both jobs are understandably jealous. I've been trying to learn a little French. (W took it in High school too, making her partially trilingual) and studying my favorite Lonely Planet and Fodor's books for what to see do and eat.

No comments: