Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Getting Myself Straightened Out

So life is boring again with no pictures to take and no trips to plan. The highlight of the week is the arrival of Big Brain academy; Wii degree at the house. It's a game for the Wii that you're supposed to play a little bit of each day so you'll be smarter. It is to your brain what Wii sports is to your body. See that, I'm already smarter, throwing in an old school SAT analogy for your reading pleasure. Wendy and I stayed up way too late the night after her last final drinking gin and tonics and competing in brain tests. Work was not fun the next day after that. Last week was also the office Christmas party, and we played my second ever mystery game. This time I was the lawyer of a wealthy man who had recently been murdered. It was a fun role because it had a big speaking (reading) part, and I got to dress up. I rocked a bow tie for the occasion and won the prize for best dressed. I wanted to enjoy a few more drinks, but since only snacks were served I had to stop when I noticed I slurred a word or two. (Company party + drinks + empty stomach + reading a fake will in front of everyone= potential embarrassment)The weekend went by way too fast. I put in an extra 2 hours at the BRO since they're desperate for help this time of year and I have lots of little things to pay for. Which brings us to today when I began my invisalign orthodontic treatment. I have to wear the mouth pieces as much as possible and remove them when I eat, then I'm supposed to brush my teeth and floss and then shove them right back in. I can assure you I'm going to starve. Choosing between another snack or not having to brush my teeth for the seventh time for the day starts to be an easier and easier call. They're squeezing my teeth fairly hard too, and its occasionally uncomfortable. They're also not quite as invisible as I hoped, but that may be my own perception, not that of others who don't really seem to notice. In 18 months I should have a movie star smile. Things around the office are awfully quiet, I'm one of the few people not taking any extra days off. I really do wish I was going home for Christmas. Its been 3 years since the last time I was home for Christmas, and I'd really just like my yearly egg nog with mom after late night service and too wake up to a big plate of sticky buns and sour cream kuchen, and a cup of Barney's Santa's White Christmas coffee.

No comments: