Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas time in "The Town"


Christmas time in "The Town"
Originally uploaded by jrherron.
I'm settling back into "normalcy" after Christmas today. Work was busy but very quiet today, and I was actually quite productive. I even risked my personal freedom for art today, snapping this picture outside our office building just as a security guard came around to hassle me about taking pictures here. Apparently they have some sort of post 9-11 no photography policy that nobody really knows about. I actually intended to go back and retake this picture in a portrait orientation, but I guess after the stern warning I got today I'll not be showing up with a tripod tomorrow. What did I do for Christmas you ask? Well lets start with the weekend, Where W and I got some work done on our cars, new tires for the Mitsubishi, and a rotation for the jeep, plus the semi-annual smog check for the Mitsubishi. Next it was off to W's co-worker Morly's house for an open house. The invite said 5:30 to 8:00, and sure enough everyone bailed promptly at the prescribed time. We sat around and chatted and laughed for much longer than that. Sunday I worked, and you can imagine how crazy it was 2 days before Christmas. For Christmas eve I spent way too long hanging out at a Boston Market picking up the food for W's work party. I arrived at 1:00 just like I was supposed to, only to discover they couldn't find our order. I reordered, and they said they'd have it ready in 10 minutes. 60 minutes later a bag of food comes out that does not include everything I had paid for. I stroll up say its not all their and the cashier promises me they're making it up now. 30 minutes later when I decided I'd just take a refund and leave, the cashier disappears into the kitchen and comes out with my mashed potatoes, stuffing, and cornbread. I found out later I was still one cornbread and 2 gravys short of Christmas dinner. The lesson here? Pick up your food from Boston Market a day early, otherwise you can expect to get completely screwed. Its just going to sit in your fridge anyway, so pick it up early. Or just don't give those jerks your money at all. I went home and whipped up some braised short ribs for dinner and W and I cooked up more mashed potatoes and gravy when she got home. I actually spent Christmas day at the airport on purpose, enjoying a nice dinner that I'd worked way to hard for with W and her coworkers.

No comments: