Saturday, March 13, 2010

Australia Take 3, Phase 3


So we managed to find our way back to Sydney, all 4 of us in first class. We made sure to drink enough champagne along the way to make the trip worth the effort. We got ourselves checked into the hotel, and did a little shopping. Today's big plan was to meet one of W's friends from work for dinner. We had a nice take away meal and enjoyed just hanging out with some regular Aussies. It was a nice addition to our experience. The following day was my Birthday. W and I took off for our third ever trip to the Sydney aquarium, because I wanted to check out the dugongs. Of course I went to see snooty a million times, but had never been face to face with a dugong. What's the difference you ask?




  1. Cool Dolphin tail


  2. Manatees can eat off of the surface, a dugong only eats down


  1. Dugongs only live in salt water


  1. A name that is far more fun to say


We also paid a visit to the sky tower, something I've been trying to get done since my first visit. and the must do part of a trip to Sydney, a visit to see our old friend Ruby at Bombay Bloomers. We were joined their by Paul and Carol after a little bit of bus riding misfortune (Traveling by bus at rush hour is weird anywhere in the world). As usual the food was amazing and Ruby brought us a pepper wine. It was easily one of the most interesting things I've ever tasted. Sweet with a slow burning heat, served in a small glass with an ice cube, it was a hit. I don't think I'd recommend a whole bottle in one sitting. That pretty much brings this aussie adventure to a close. We flew business on the way back, watched more summer blockbusters and I returned to life in a jobless wonderland. The real lesson here, is don't wait so long to blog, you forget everything, especially if you violated your own policy of writing in a journal during the trip.

No comments: