Friday, March 14, 2008

Standing up for a worthy cause


Jason, San Leandro, CA
Originally uploaded by jrherron.
Attached is my entry into the HSUS Anti seal hunt campaign lolseal contest. I don't really think I'll win, but W is such a seal person it was only fitting that I at least enter and show my support. I've been running around a lot lately trying to find a new gig. My fate was "sealed" on that one when I had a meeting with my boss a couple of weeks ago. I said, I think this job is substantially different from what I thought it was going to be and is much more difficult based on some new structural changes. The response I got was I don't really see what the problem is, the other guy used to do it. So at that point I actively started looking. The results have been slow, and not all that great. I had an inteview with a startup software company that would have been perfect. I had to drive to Palo Alto twice, spent a total of 12 hours including travel time, just to have them decide they wanted some one LESS experienced so it would be cheaper. I almost threw up. For perspective you can find my countless other posts about not getting a job because I didn't have any experience. Another potential job sent me to Brisbane for 3 hours worth of 30 minute interviews. I impressed my potential manager, but did not impress the next level up guy because I couldn't quote the job description very well. I had another phone interview with someone today and you can be sure I'd committed the job description to memory. This week we are packing our bags again, and I'm not working for a whole week, so you can assume lots of pictures and excitement are coming your way very soon.

No comments: