Wednesday, April 20, 2005

At least the view was nice

Because of my rather unstructured existence these days climbing out of bed when I have something important to do can often be very difficult. Monday Night I didn't have to get in bed until 2:00 a.m., so 7:30 the next morning came around a little earlier than I was ready for. I managed to get up, and get myself presentable for another adventure in the city. The career fair was up on the club level out in left field of SBC park with this gorgeous view down the 3rd base line. You could even see out over the bay to McCovey cove. All I could think was: I could learn to love baseball if I could watch it from here. Maybe someday when I have that glamorous job in the city I can cut out after lunch to watch the game. The career fair itself was even more lame than I expected, I suddenly wished I hadn't built up all that bad karma talking bad about the USF career fairs. Even our little networking receptions had better offerings. So then it was off to the new restaurant in the embarcadero center. I left a resume, but my lack of fine dining experience is likely to cost me there. I'm not quite ready to settle for that anyway. I happened to walk home a slightly different way and noticed that there was a little store that sells equipment for home brewing and winemaking with a help wanted sign out front. I figured it might be a nice opportunity to get some entrepreneurial experience. I called back the temp agency today, just to stay on the front of the recruiters brain. He led me to say the words, but the message was I should lower my salary expectations a little just to get started. W has the day off, and we have many things to do around the house, while I continue to lurk the job boards and wait for the phone to ring.

No comments: